TOEFL iBT 100
Bạn có muốn phản ứng với tin nhắn này? Vui lòng đăng ký diễn đàn trong một vài cú nhấp chuột hoặc đăng nhập để tiếp tục.
TOEFL iBT 100

Welcome to TOEFL iBT 100 forum !

Trang ChínhLatest imagesTìm kiếmĐăng kýĐăng Nhập

contrast and compare

Go down 
3 posters
Tác giảThông điệp
thuhientran88

Tổng số bài gửi : 23

contrast and compare Empty
Bài gửiTiêu đề: contrast and compare   contrast and compare Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:22 am

Complete these sentences with the most appropriate word or expression
1. The two machines (differ/differentiate/differential) considerably. One has an electric motor, the other runs on oil
2. The (comparison/contrast/compare) in weather between the north and the south of the country is very noticeable.
3. Many people cannot (differentiate/differ/contrast) between lemon juice and lime juice.
4. Children must be taught to (distinguish/differ/contrast) between right and wrong.
5. There is a (distinguish/distinctive/distinction) between being interested in politics and joining a political party.
6. Can you tell me the (difference/differentiate/contrast) between a good boss and a bad one?
7. The management must not (differ/contrast/discriminate) between male and female applicants.
8. Asia covers a huge area. (By way of contrast/By ways of comparing/ By similar means), Europe is very small.
9. The new model of car is very (same/similar/common) to the old one.
10. Her political opinions are (same/exactly/identical) to mine.
11. Some political parties have such similar manifestoes that they are difficult to (tell apart/say apart/speak apart).
12. My friends and I enjoy doing many of the same things. In that respect, we have a lot (in similar/in particular/in common).
13. There seems to be a large (discriminate/discretion/discrepancy) between the number of people employed in service industries, and those employed in the primary sector.
14. British and Australian people share the same language, but in other respects they are as different as (cats and dogs/chalk and cheese/salt and pepper).
15. Britain's economy is largely based on its industry, (while/whereas/whereby) a few hundred years ago it was an agrarian country.
Source: academic words for IELTS and TOEFL
[b]
Về Đầu Trang Go down
matchia

Tổng số bài gửi : 11

Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: contrast and compare   contrast and compare Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:57 am

^^ Your exercise is quite difficult, but really interesting.

1 - differ
2 - contrast
3 - differentiate
4 - distinguish
5 - distinction
6 - difference
7 - discrimiate
8 - By way of constrast
9 - same
10 - identical
11 - say appart
12 - in common
13 discriminate
14 chalk and cheese
15 whereas
Về Đầu Trang Go down
nguyenducphuong

Tổng số bài gửi : 20

Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: contrast and compare   contrast and compare Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:44 am

1-differ
2-contrast
3-differentiate
4-distinguish
5-distinction
6-difference
7-discriminate
8-By way of contrast
9-similar
10-identical
11-tell apart
12-in common
13-discrepancy
14-chalk and cheese
15-whereas
Về Đầu Trang Go down
thuhientran88

Tổng số bài gửi : 23

Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: contrast and compare   contrast and compare Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:40 pm

:-D Phuong's answer is correct so I don't have to post it again.
Về Đầu Trang Go down
Sponsored content

Bài gửiTiêu đề: Re: contrast and compare   contrast and compare Icon_minitime

Về Đầu Trang Go down

contrast and compare
Về Đầu Trang 
Trang 1 trong tổng số 1 trang

Permissions in this forum:Bạn không có quyền trả lời bài viết
TOEFL iBT 100 :: Vocabularies-
Chuyển đến